imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bad news from the UK: Gunman shoots 12 (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1080)

MT2008 06-05-2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 13977)
Apples and Oranges? More like a Fruit to a Cheese burger. The fact that this country is so big and with so many factions and chaos of people trying to make the world run their way, restricting guns like the UK has done can never happen. They tried to make laws in Chicago that pretty much bans handguns, but doesn't legally state that until that law was overturned because it was unconstitutional. Any suggestions or million march or some fat, old ultra feminist that wants to get rid of all guns and let only the government have the guns and swear all our safety to the big man in DC. Cause that's what I want to do in this country, trust that when I have a mad man that wants to kill me for my money or is just a killer, I want to trust my life and soul and the life of my family that the cops will get here in time, so I don't need a shotgun.

Long-winded way of agreeing with me, but...yes.

Excalibur 06-05-2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 14067)
Long-winded way of agreeing with me, but...yes.

Sorry, I tend to rant on a bit when it comes to stupid laws passed because people are so paranoid and it surprises them that it doesn't stop crime.

"Oh, how could there be a school shooting. That was GUN-FREE, zone." kind of mentality.

ManiacallyChallenged 06-07-2010 05:38 PM

"600,000 people legally own a shotgun, and just over 100,000 a firearm."

A firearm vs a shotgun... there's a head scratch-er for y'all.

Anyway, I guess the British could decide to re-do the entire country in Nerf(R). Nerf(R) cars can't be used for hit and run, Nerf(R) bottles would be leaky, but entirely non-lethal...
This situation clearly indicates: It's Nerf(R) or nothing!

Did he shoot 12 people? Or did he shoot 11 people and himself? There seems to be a difference there.

S&Wshooter 06-07-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManiacallyChallenged (Post 14169)
"600,000 people legally own a shotgun, and just over 100,000 a firearm."

A firearm vs a shotgun... there's a head scratch-er for y'all.

Anyway, I guess the British could decide to re-do the entire country in Nerf(R). Nerf(R) cars can't be used for hit and run, Nerf(R) bottles would be leaky, but entirely non-lethal...
This situation clearly indicates: It's Nerf(R) or nothing!

Did he shoot 12 people? Or did he shoot 11 people and himself? There seems to be a difference there.

Just think, I could easily go over there and take the whole think over

S&Wshooter 06-07-2010 05:46 PM

Oh shit, did I just say that out loud? Attention fellow gun nuts: I am totally not going to go take over Britain

Spartan198 06-08-2010 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 14172)
Oh shit, did I just say that out loud? Attention fellow gun nuts: I am totally not going to go take over Britain

Neither am I. We need to focus on Canada first.

(No offense, Nyles. Just jesting ;))

S&Wshooter 06-08-2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 14237)
Neither am I. We need to focus on Canada first.

(No offense, Nyles. Just jesting ;))

Canada would destroy us, and they'd be polite about it too

Excalibur 06-09-2010 01:51 AM

Oh please, Canada is like a Loft with a prick who yells at the loud party downstairs.

Also no offense Nyles. Canadian jokes is just too easy. Like that one time when President Obama bowed the the Chinese, kneed before some Iranian, hugged a Brazillian, but points his finger at a Canadian.